Again, a day of just being in ze Paris atmosphere. Woke up to a lunch of meats cooked ourselves on a hotplate (a bit too much raw meat mixing, for my tastes!! using the same fork to put the raw meat on the grill as to eat..no way, thank you), then went to Arthur's friend Camille's house. Saw some of her pictures from her summer adventure in Mauritania, then came home in time to chill before Arthur's friends were supposed to arrive for dinner. Had time to Skype with the rents for the first time, rather successfully, even though Mom wasn't wearing makeup (gasp!), quel horreur! :)
It was about eleven of us at dinner (including me and the three Heller boys), munching on frozen pizza and aperatifs. I like hanging around the young folk but geeeeez, their French is so fast, and their slang...very easy to get lost!
It is now 1:30am and I'm arranging my suitcase to leave for Jordan tomorrow! Not looking forward to dealing with ze bags, but that's all my doing, I suppose! Doesn't help that Catherine (the french mama) gave me a cute pair of shoes that I'd worn to the nightclub and are too small for her. But much appreciated; what girl doesn't like new shoes??
Won't get to post for a couple days; well, Monday at the earliest. Meeting some other American chicks at the Amman airport and then staying in an apartment for the extra night before the real orientation begins at a nearby hotel. I think the plan is to go dancing?? Not too late a night for me, though! I think the other girls particularly will be rather jetlagged, not having had the sweet little limbo that I've had here in France these last few days :)
No comments:
Post a Comment